- Press Release
- Photos and Logo - high resolution for download and use
- Route and Itinerary
- Previous press coverage
- Media contact: Brahmata Michael
For Immediate Release
Contact: Brahmata Michael
International Team passes a torch for Peace
For over 30 years the Peace Run has traversed over 160 nations on all 7 continents as a symbol of humanity’s universal aspiration for a more peaceful world. Since the inaugural Run in 1987, more than 7-million people have participated. Commendations have come from many world figures including Pope Francis, President Nelson Mandela, Queen Elizabeth II, Saint Mother Teresa, Muhammad Ali, state governors, city mayors and celebrities around the world.
In an effort to support the environment the Peace Run will plant and dedicate trees for peace in many of the cities along the route. Other initiatives include offering the Torch-Bearer Award to local citizens who have contributed to the well-being of their community. To explore these ideas please call the number below to be connected with your local Peace Run coordinator.
The Peace Run was inspired by visionary Sri Chinmoy to give citizens a dynamic way to express their own hopes and dreams for a more harmonious world. An athlete, philosopher, artist, musician and poet, Sri Chinmoy dedicated his life to inspiring people to find peace within themselves. He said, "Lasting peace must begin within the depths of the individual, and from there spread in ever-widening circles as a dynamic force for world change.”
High-resolution photos and Logo
The Sri Chinmoy Oneness-Home Peace Run is the copyright owner of the photographs below furnished for editorial publication in all media now known or hereafter created. The content is a factually accurate rendering of what it depicts and has not been modified or augmented, except for standard cropping and toning. Distribution, printing, publishing and archiving of photos and text are free without any rights.
Peace Run Founder Sri Chinmoy holds the Peace Torch. Photo taken by Bhashwar Hart in New York, April 2005
Peace Run spokesperson and 9-time Olympic gold medallist Carl Lewis by Thomas Lee at the opening ceremony in New York.
Peace Run Logo (vertical)
Peace Run Logo (horizontal)
- NTV.ca, July 8, 2019 7 Minutes for World Peace (starts at 24:17)
- NTV.ca, July 5, 2019 Global peace torch run honours couple from Burin Peninsula
- APTN News, APTN National News August 8, 2018 (starts at 22:10)
- Truro News, August 7, 2018 Nova Scotia welcomes torch relay participants
- Truro News, August 1, 2018 International peace runners to stop in Truro on Sunday
- TAMMEY M-13, August 1, 2018 Peace Run comes to Hartland, NB, 2018
- Infoportneuf, July 29, 2018 Courir pour la paix dans le monde
- L'Action D'Autray, July 29, 2018 International peace runners to stop in Truro on Sunday
- Brightonnow, July 27, 2018 Message of Peace Brought to The Big Apple
- OntarioLegislature, July 25, 2018 Members’ Statements 2018-07-25. From Ontario Legislature, MP Daisy Wai speaks at 14:07.
- Global News, July 24, 2018 Annual Peace Run makes stop in the Limestone City
- PeaceQuest.ca, July 24, 2018 2018 07 24 Peace Run Award E
- PeaceQuest.ca, July 24, 2018 2018 07 24 Peace Run Award C
- PeaceQuest.ca, July 24, 2018 2018 07 24 Peace Run Award B
- Sarniathisweek.com, July 23, 2018 Peace run passes through Sarnia